Your sense of passion and purpose is not just about “fulfillment.” It has real monetary value.
Feeling okay is not enough! Only when you are Great, Brilliant or Fantastic do you give of your best.
If you are not living your passion, living with passion, you are wasting money.
Here are some very real examples of what settling for mediocrity costs.
- Not being engaged or committed to your work results in an average productivity decrease of 1.9%; that means you lose almost a whole week’s worth of work in a year. On a modest $60,000 that amounts to throwing away at least $1,100 a year!
- The Japanese word, karoshi, means “death by overwork” and the Japanese authorities record around 10,000 cases a year, while the New York Times claims health issues related to job stress cost the US $200 billion a year!
- Various economists put the value of a happy, long-term marriage at around $100,000.
- Compared to a good credit score, a mediocre one could cost you close to $50,000 in interest over the life of a 30 year $300,000 loan.
Are you living 100% or is 99% good enough?
If your phone only worked 99% of the time, that would mean for 14 minutes a day it would not work.
Find meaning in what you do.
- Find your strengths.
- Identify your values.
- Get in touch with your passions.
- Know your purpose.
Being genuinely fulfilled and excited by your work is one of the biggest contributors to disease prevention.
It is also one of the strongest ways to promote self-healing.
Other biggies are fulfilling relationships and laughter.
This is what finding your Genie is all about.
It is about the wordless spark that brings out your inner geek that spurs you to action and keeps you focused and committed toward some end.
It is not simply psychological nor is it exactly logical or emotional, but you can feel this motivational force stirring inside when your Genie is engaged. It feels like the jazz the rock climber gets when looking at a cliff face. It is that sense of the muse for the artist or writer.
The Genie system is a groundbreaking platform for identifying the values and qualities that excite you and drive you to achieve.
It has already helped hundreds of people uncover what instinctively lights their soul and virtually automatically engages them in purposeful action.
If you haven’t found what works to engage you, fully and completely, if you are not yet feeling Great, Brilliant or Fantastic for heaven’s sake, keep searching! Keep trying! Life is a practice, not an event.
Don’t bear the cost of living with mediocrity and not fulfilling the potential in you.
You can find out more about MASTERING YOUR GENIE HERE.
Author: Sue Hines
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net